Alabong is a small,soft, smooth herb, 10 centimeters or less in height. This plant can be propagated by dividing the root ball, or taking herbaceous cuttings and rooting them with rooting hormone. The plant enjoys a thorough watering after the soil has been allowed to dry, and misting has been shown to be beneficial. Direct sunlight causes the leaves to turn brown and fall off, so it prefers filtered light.
– Studies have suggested antioxidant, antidiabetic, radioprotective, antimicrobial, antigenotoxic, antidepressant properties.
– Entire plant infusion is used as a diuretic.
– Used for diarrhea and asthma.
– Crushed leaves applied to sores and bruises.
– In the Antilles, sweetened decoction of roots used as diuretic.
– In Jamaica, entire plant used for women in labor; used for infertility and inflammation. (4)
– In Brazil, used as a diuretic.
– In Guatemala, used for urinary problems.
– In Jamaican and Chinese medicine, used for diabetes.
– In western Panama, stem decoction drunk for diarrhea.
Do you find this article informative? If you do, you can also share this with your friends and family online. For more informative ideas, feel free to visit our website more often and don’t forget to leave your comment. Have a nice day.