You need to get rid of chest acne fast but typical acne treatments need time to work. Moreover, the harsh ingredients found in common acne treatments may cause dry patches on the skin, increasing the overall time to clear up acne breakouts. Facial acne medications are not suitable for treating chest acne, so you need to do some natural ways to avoid chest acne to appear on your body before its too late.
1. Wear cotton or linen tops. Cotton and linen are the most breathable fabrics, and they let sweat evaporate instead of forming a layer on your chest that clogs your pores and invites bacteria to grow.
2. Change your diet. Eat a handful of walnuts every day to reduce skin inflammation. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Get lean protein, such as poultry breast or soy, into your diet, along with whole grains and omega-3 fatty acids.
>People who eat more fruits and veggies, and less milk and sugar, tend to have less acne. Make sure you get 5 to 9 servings of healthy vegetables (especially leafy greens) per day.
>Healthy fats, like omega-3s, help fight inflammation and promote healthy cells. Omega-3s are damaged by oxygen, meaning if you eat foods that are rich in omega-3s, try to eat them raw. Foods rich in omega-3s include:
*Fish, particularly salmon, sardines, and herring.
*Seeds and nuts, particularly flaxseed.
*Leafy greens, particularly spinach and arugula.
3. Drink plenty of water. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. Like other organs, it needs plenty of water to stay hydrated and functioning on a healthy level. Many doctors recommend that you drink between 9 and 12 cups of water per day (2.2 to 3 liters), depending on whether you are a girl or guy.
>Cut sweet, sugary drinks like sodas, juices, and smoothies out of your diet. Although the evidence has been disputed for decades, new reports seem to indicate that diets do have a substantial effect on acne, listing sugar as a trigger. Sugars cause a spike in insulin, which in turn stimulates a certain pimple producing hormones.
>Unsweetened green may work, too. Green tea contains antioxidants that help fight free radicals; free radicals affect the cells that may be responsible for signs of aging in the skin. For a healthy alternative to water, brew some tasty and healthy green tea!
4. Skip dairy products. Dairy products contain hormones from cows, and these hormones stimulate your pores and your oil glands. If you have to drink milk, choose skim milk. The hormones are largely concentrated in the fatty portion of the milk, so drinking skim will limit your exposure.
5. Use non-comedogenic body lotion to prevent additional breakouts. Look for labels that say “non-comedogenic” or “oil-free.” Comedogenic ingredients have a tendency to clog pores.
>Comedogenic ingredients include cocoa butter, pigments and dyes, coal tar and isopropyl myristate.
>If your skin is oily, you should always look for non-comedogenic lotion and cleansers.
6. Wash your hands after you go to the bathroom. If you have germ-ridden hands and then touch your chest, you transfer bacteria onto your chest skin that can clog your pores. So wash up. You’ll not only prevent acne but also a variety of diseases.