Cholesterol bumps on the eyelids have a medical name — xanthelasmas. These are not just bumps; they are cholesterol deposits that signal high cholesterol levels. They rarely appear in people under the age of 30. Although abnormal cholesterol levels generally have no signs or symptoms, one exception exists — a condition known as familial hypercholesterolemia.
Many people experience frequent and numerous appearance around their eyes, such as under eyes and on the eyelids. Although these small pimples are usually painless, cholesterol deposits might be aesthetically disturbing, and moreover, can be a sign of health disturbance. The occurrence of cholesterol deposits around your eyes might be related to lipid levels, liver function, and symptoms of chronic diseases. A set of tests might be needed to find out the main cause of cholesterol deposits formation. Besides knowing the cause of their cholesterol deposits occurrence, finding out how to get rid of this problem is as important. Since cholesterol deposits around your eyes might be aesthetically deteriorating, getting rid of it completely becomes an important concern.
Thus, some natural treatments which can be done at home might be suitable for treating the whole problem. Some efforts to be considered in getting rid of cholesterol deposits around eyes include:
1. Controlling diets intake. Although cholesterol deposits do not necessarily mean that your cholesterol level is high, its occurrence gives a sign that some of your oil glands may be blocked. Therefore, reducing fatty diets can be helpful in decreasing its occurrence and preventing it from reoccur.
2. Getting regular lipid and cholesterol test. This is also important, since by knowing your lipid and cholesterol level you would know what foods you should not consume to avoid cholesterol deposits.
3. Exercises are important to keep your proper blood flow. This will promote a good metabolism and break down accumulated fats. By exercising, you prevent your glands from being blocked by accumulated fats.
4. Eat fruits and vegetables which are loaded with vitamin C and B. This will help promoting better metabolism and breaking fats to avoid blocked glands.
5. Get a damp tea bag compress. This will help flatten the pimples and make it less visible. Do this regularly to avoid cholesterol deposits from reoccurring.
6. Ground some garlic and apply it onto the affected area. Garlic is loaded with anti-inflammatory which can help getting rid of these cholesterol deposits. This treatment may cause severe sting initially, but many people indeed find it useful in flattening the bumpy small pimples.
Do you find this article informative? If you do, you can also share this with your friends and family online. For more tips and tricks, feel free to visit our website more often and don’t forget to leave your comment.