The mature coconuts are collected regularly for their milk. Usually you cracked coconut for lunch (stewed vegetables), but sometimes there was a strange formation inside. Apparently, this coconut was ready to shoot some leaves out, and this thing is called buwa or buha (Ilonggo)– is an edible, soft predecessor.
This part is actually the coconut cotyledon, sometimes called the “coconut embryo” or “coconut apple”, is actually suspended in germination. It is eaten raw in the province. We all know that coconut water and meat are very nutritious so don’t underestimate this one.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Coconut Embryo
1.Supports immune system health: it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite.
2.Provides a natural source of quick energy and enhances physical and athletic performance.
3. Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals
4. Improves insulin secretion and symptoms associated with diabetes.
5. Helps protect the body from cancers due to insulin reduction, removal of free radicals that cause premature aging and degenerative disease.
6. Reduces risk of heart health and improves good cholesterol (HDL).
7. Restores and supports thyroid function.
8. Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infection.
9. Promotes weight loss.
10. Helps keep hair and skin healthy and youthful looking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection
Do you find this article informative? If you do, you can also share this with your friends and family online. For more healthy tips, feel free to visit our website more often and don’t forget to leave your comment.