Manzanilla is an erect or ascending, aromatic, somewhat hairy herb, 30 to 60 centimeters in height. Leaves are thin, pinnately lobed and ovate to oblong-ovate.
– Considered antifungal, antiviral, antiinflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic, bactericidal, febrifuge, vulnerary, depurative and tonic.
– Glycoside chrysanthemin considered antibacterial.
– Studies have shown antimicrobial, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, hepatoprotective, anti-diabetic, anti-dermatitis, antioxidant, acetylcholinesterase inhibitory properties.
· Flowering heads.
· Entire plant also used.
Culinary / Edibility
· Seeds, flowers, leaves are edible.
· Preventive for cough, flu, epidemic meningitis.
· Entire plant or flower used for whooping cough.
· For gas pains — warm oil, add and mix the flower heads, let stand for 30 mins and strain. Then apply the warm oily solution to abdomen.
Used for eczema, poisonous snake bites, sprains and bruises. Also used for mammary carbuncles.
· Flowers used for hypertension.
· Emulsion of flowers used for infections of the cervix .
· Flowers are burned for use as Insect repellent.
· Tea used as a wash for sore eyes, open sores, and wounds.
· Infusion of flowering heads used as carminative.
· In Deccan, plant used in conjunction with black pepper for treatment of gonorrhea.
· Combined with bitter sweet as ointment, used for bruises, sprains, calluses.
· In China, used for migraines, hypertension, inflammation, respiratory problems. Also, flowering heads are made into tonic and sedative preparations. Infusions are used as collyrium in eye affections.
· In Malaya flowers are used for sore eyes and to promote longevity.
· The Hindus consider the plant heating and aperient; used for affections of the brain, calculus, as well as antidote to mental depression.
· In Indo-China leaves are used as depurant and prescribed for migraine. Also, flowers are used for sore eyes and inflammation of the abdomen.
· In Guam infusion of flowers are used as remedy for intermittent fevers; also, used by women as remedy for hysteria and monthly irregularities.
Do you find this article informative? If you do,you can also share this with your friends and family online. For more informative healthy ideas, feel free to visit our website more often and don’t forget to leave your comment. Have a nice day and God bless.