Kulasi also known as “White Flower Mangrove” in the family combretacea. This plant can be found in beach swamps and along tidal streams in Rizal, Bataan and Quezon Provinces; and in Mindoro, Panay, Negros, Cebu and Mindanao.Also occurs in India through Malaya to Australia and Polynesia.
– Studies have suggested antibacterial, antioxidant, cytotoxic, hepatoprotective, antihypertensive , antiplasmodial properties.
– Fluid substance made from incisions in the stem, mixed with coconut oil, used as anti-herpetic and as cure of itches.
– Elsewhere, used for treatment of diabetes.
– Wood: Used for piles, poles, house posts, ties, paving blocks, bridges, ship planks, decks, handles and cabinetry.
– Fuel: Wood used as fuel for its caloric value.
– Tanning: Bark used for tanning.
Do you find this article informative? If you do, you can also share this with your friends and family online. For more informative ideas, feel free to visit our website more often and don’t forget to leave your comment.