Pineapple is a highly nutritious fruit with exceptional properties, it is widely used in the preparation of juices, smoothies and salads. Its weight-loss properties make pineapple a fruit widely used by people worldwide. But besides an improvement in your figure, there are many benefits that this fruit has to offer to your health.
Normally people use the pulp of the fruit, but what if we told you that you can also use the skin to prepare great tea, which has amazing properties. So don’t throw away this part of the pineapple. We will explain all of its properties and two simple recipes for drinks with pineapple skin step by step in this article: one boiled with pineapple skin and one fermented drink that is rich in probiotics.
As long as fruit is organic, and if possible, we also recommend eating its peel because it has a lot of health benefits. This is the case of pineapple as well, and the advantage is also that it is a fruit that does not tend to have pesticides because it generally grows without a lot of properties.
– Helps fight intestinal parasites
– Contributes to good digestion thanks to its bromelain, an enzyme that
improves the digestion process. It is an ideal dessert after eating meat or
fish. On the other hand, we don’t recommend combining it in the same meal
with carbohydrates (flour, pasta, potato, etc.)
– Improves intestinal functioning, constipation, and hemorrhoids
– Protects microbial flora in the colon
– It is a powerful and natural anti-inflammatory, which is great for muscle,
throat, etc. inflammation.
– Helps accelerate the healing of injuries that come from lesions or surgery
– Has anticarcinogenic properties
– Improves circulation and has anticoagulant properties
– Helps you lose weight and fight cellulite
– It is a great diuretic that helps you get rid of excess fluids from your body
– Besides the fruit having properties, pineapple skin is also a huge blood
Boiled Pineapple Skin Drink:
One of the easiest drinks with pineapple skin can be prepared in the following way:
1. Wash the pineapple well and peel it.
2. Cut the skin in very small pieces and boil them with approximately a liter
of water for a medium or large pineapple.
3. Boil on low heat covered for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Then, let sit for another five minutes.
5. Sweeten with honey or stevia (a sweetener and sugar substitute extracted from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana).
6. You can drink it hot, fresh made, or even cold.
Fermented Pineapple Skin Drink:
This other recipe, which is usually made in Central and South America, is not very complicated and you can serve it at a meal to surprise your guests. It is great to accompany meals with meat or fish because it will help you digest a lot better. Also, because this drink is fermented, it has a large amount of probiotics, which improve your intestines’ health even more.
1. You will need a large pineapple or two medium sized ones that are mature.
Wash them well and peel.
2. Cut the skin in small pieces and put them in a glass or ceramic container
that can be hermetically sealed. Also put two liters of water and 500
grams of brown sugar, cane sugar, or cane syrup in this container.
3. Close it tightly and let sit in a room temperature place for 48 hours.
4. After two days, strain it so there are no remnants. Add another liter of
water and let sit again for 12 hours.
5. After this time, add three quarts of a liter of water and the drink will be ready.
6. Before serving it, we recommend cooling it down in the refrigerator.
7. You can also store it in the freezer.
During the fermentation process, this drink will first make probiotic micro-organisms. If you leave it for longer, it will turn into an alcoholic beverage and then into vinegar.
You can give it some different flavor by adding orange or grapefruit skin, a cinnamon stick, or a clove to the container in addition to the pineapple skin.
It’s important that the pineapple is not treated with pesticides because of two reasons. The first is that you will directly consume them and in the long run, can be harmful to your health. The second is that, since its purpose is to get rid of micro-organisms and will create beneficial micro-organisms.
Do you find this article informative? If you do, you can also share this with your friends and family online. For more informative ideas, feel free to visit our website more often and don’t forget to leave your comment. Thank you and God bless. Have a nice day!