We’ve all wondered to ourselves that fateful first day of high school, “How do I make the right friends?” or “How do I make the right friends to have a good reputation and become popular?” Well, all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
1. Be kind and a little outgoing to everyone on the first day. You can usually tell who is a nice person and is at the top of their game when you first see them. If they are mean, it’s best to be polite and go find someone else.
2. Know how much is too much. Don’t be overly friendly when meeting people for the first time. Just a simple hello and a smile. Ask the people you meet questions about themselves. Don’t act overly obsessed with yourself. The beginning of the conversation should be about them.
3. Think before you act. For example, you don’t want to run throughout the halls to chase someone. Things like this come across as immature and annoying to the upperclassmen.
4. Don’t be a poser or fake. Never lie about what grade you’re in. If you are a freshman, tell everyone you are a freshman. Also, don’t lie about yourself. Don’t tell stories that happened to you that never did. This stuff all comes back to bite you.
5. Be a social butterfly. Don’t panic about who you are going to sit with at lunch, instead make a few friends in those first three periods of class. This is simply done by saying, “Hi I’m [your name here], and what’s your name?” or “So, where did you go to school last year?” Start with simple questions. Compliments are also a great conversation starter that make the other person feel great. For example, “I like your shirt, where’d you get it?”
6. Be true to your friends. Don’t ever dump your old friends that you make throughout the year when you make new ones who might have a better social standing. Hang out with your new friends, but put in time for the old ones. Call, text, or instant message them once in a while.
7. Be smart. Study. This is the year where it all begins. You must be getting good grades to get into a good college. Contrary to what you hear, freshman year does matter. So don’t slack off and always study. Take breaks when you need them though!
8. Don’t get sucked into it. High school always looks great in the movies. But in the movies nobody ever does homework or takes a test. Why? Because that would be boring. Remember, you’re at school to learn. Don’t let drama take over your life. Stay in touch with reality. keep your self on a schedule for the week, don’t overbook yourself. And finally, as much as possible, try to maintain a high GPA.
Here ‘s a great video discussing 10 Tips on how to survive Freshman Year of High School:
Do you find this article informative? If you do, you can also share this with your friends and family online. For more informative ideas, feel free to visit our website more often and don’t forget to leave your comment. Thank you. God bless.